Tesco's Double Standards for Staff ~ Tesco-Complaint

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Tesco's Double Standards for Staff

I work at Tesco and was shocked to find that when I park in the carpark as a member of staff that I am treated differently to customers. On a very windy day my car had its back lights smashed in by a wind blown trolley, I filled the necessary forms in and someone came out to look at the car. Forms were sent off to Dundee from where I received a reply saying that they were not accountable. I wrote back and a second letter basically confirmed the first. I then spoke to the Regional Manager who looked into it for me and told me that it was Tesco’s policy to only pay out to customers. I had witnesses to the event and I know that customers who had the same problem on that particular day were paid out for damage to their cars by the store.

I can’t believe that this is right, there isn’t a staff car park so we have to park amongst customers, some of whom just abandon their trolleys anywhere. The particular trolley in question actually blew out of a trolley bay which should have had a raiser on the ground to stop this happening. Shortly after this they put these raisers in place but the trolley boys removed them as they said it hurt their backs pushing trolleys over them. Obviously a problem which still needs resolving. Think I’ll buy a tank!

Fed up employee of Tesco

14 comments:

tesco-complaint said...

Thanks for posting your complaint. We think it is entirely wrong to treat Tesco staff using the car park any differently from customers in these circumstances.

Legally you could sue Tesco for this damage since their trollies caused the damage and especially because of the negligence you described in the way the trollies are stored.

You have 3 years to issue a claim for negligence so if you leave Tesco's employ in that period visit www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and commence a county court claim which you will almost certainly win based on what you have posted herein.

Al said...

They're counting on you not taking it any further as you presumably need your job and wouldn't want to rock the boat.

Unknown said...

Isn't there signs saying there not responsible for ANY damage?

Anonymous said...

There probably is, but it says that Tesco paid compensation to customers whose vehicles were damaged in the same way. Why should a staff member whose car was also damaged be refused the same compensation.

The incident was a result of Tesco's failure to fit the risers to the trolley bays in the first place after all.

Anonymous said...

Posting a sign saying you park at your own risk does not absolve one of one's own negligence.

Anonymous said...

Look if you are daft enough to leave your car in a bizzy area of the car park where people leave trolleys then its your own daft fault.

Customers ARE treated the same
TESCO WILL NOT COMPENSATE ANYONE WITH REGARDS TO CARS IN THE CARPARK UNLESS ITS DUE TO ATROLLYBOY HITTING A CAR end of story

Anonymous said...

"End of story" And so sayeth the fine legal mind of Judge Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

Any vehicle parked in a private carpark is left at the owners risk and the company that owns the carpark is not liable for any damage that may occur from doing so.

Thats the law jim grogan







woo

Anonymous said...

woo u a foo cos you dont knoo shoo.

Anonymous said...

Erm what I typed is the law I know because ive been there and got the T-shirt so I am talking through experience not my ar se

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing its a HMP T-Shirt you got there. You clearly dont know the first thing about Tort. Go read Clerk and Lindsell and come back when our knowledge is a little more equal. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Fairplay buddy, but if your car gets hit by a trolley you will not get a penny, if you do then prove it along with paperwork : )

Anonymous said...

Listen me old lag, you are wrong about the law. This is a clear case of TESCO negligence as explained above by others. I cant correspond with you any further since I suspect you are not genuine. Good night.

Anonymous said...

As I had to claim from my insurance which was well over £2K a very deep scratch from bumper to bumper had had the impreza 3wks from new so i was rather miffed off