I don't believe it..... ~ Tesco-Complaint

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I don't believe it.....

I am amazed since I stumbled on this site a couple of days ago, amazed at how interesting but how sad some of Tesco employees are. I suspect many of you are new to the company and just don't understand retail or you just like being in a job you dont hate, if that's possible. I also wonder how many are share holders of the company, whether bought independently or were given to you for just being there! I presume at some point you were happy because you did get picked to work there, so where did it all go wrong and why stay? I don't believe there are no other jobs that pay similar money with perhaps more sociable hours too. I suggest you sell your shares, hand in you discount card, relinquish your right to all your benefits and go to Sainsburys.

5 comments:

sexy and intelligent said...

Perhaps those who hate their job at Tesco would also hate the same job at Sainsburys, Asda or anyother supermarkets there are. Maybe you were just not cut out for retail. Maybe you need to think about taking a different career path?
I know I didn't enjoy sitting on a checkout all day on a Saturday listening to the beep and having the customers repeat the same joke the last one told me! I did, however, like those I worked with and the majority of the managers. We all went out socially at least twice a month - some of the managers were great fun, always up for a night out!
Nobody can blame Tesco for the fact they do not enjoy their jobs.

Anonymous said...

"...listening to the beep and having the customers repeat the same joke the last one told me!"

Ah yes, I remember it well!

There are some great people who work for Tesco at all levels but there are also some not so great people. Of course you get that everywhere, it's just the way life is. If you get a store with a good management team then you can have a good laugh as well.

The problem is I think that people don't generally aspire to work in a retail environment. A lot of people are there simply because they need the money or as a stopgap until something else comes up. It's not the case for everyone of course and some people who start off in this way might find they really enjoy it and want to make a career of it.

I'll admit that I only started in retail to fill in time between two other things. I only intended to be there for six months at the most. However, two years and 3 months later I'm still there. There are some days when I think I'd rather do anything else than spend another day in retail but the majority of the time I really enjoy my job.

Whether this is because my job is not something like repetitive like checkouts (I work in the photo lab) I don't know.

Anonymous said...

if they dont like it, they should get off their arses and do something about it

Anonymous said...

I can assure you I would, however JS have also reduced their benefits package since I last worked there. Remember the old adage 'I don't work for Tesco, Tesco works for me'

Anonymous said...

bollocks!!!!!!!!!!