You might end up in a Korma ~ Tesco-Complaint

Monday, March 24, 2008

You might end up in a Korma

SAFETY RISK

Dear Tesco Complaint,

We purchased a Tesco Chicken korma and cooked it according to guidelines in the microwave. On removal from the microwave, it exploded everywhere, showering everything in the very hot korma sauce.

We consider this to be highly dangerous and would like to know who we should complain to, someone is going to get seriously injured - trusting you can help ?

T.C: Hopefully you'll find someone here who can listen and help you.

15 comments:

Basil Fawlty said...

This store is very fawlty!

gangsta said...

Basil (or should I say Richard), please ensure you are posting in the relevant complaint!

I do however agree that the store you are referring to is very fawlty!

Regards,
Gangsta

Anonymous said...

Does it not say to leave it standing for a minute? If so, why didn't you? And don't say you did, because you didn't.

Anonymous said...

Tesco staff do not give a shit do they....

Richard said...

Wow is there korma on your ceiling?

I think you should work out the financial costs cause for cleaning and re-decorating by someone and get a letter sent to Tesco with the bills and tell them to reimburse you.

If they dont goto www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and clean up!

Rich said...

Ready meals go through rigorous testing at all the major supermarkets and if the guidelines on the packaging were followed then this would simply not have happened.

My incling is that you read the instructions for a lower wattage microwave than the one you are using.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to above - basic mistake which some big headed loon will refuse to admit to and instead try to blame the company who sold it.

Who's to say your microwave isn't faulty?

P.S. who would want to eat microwave meals anyway? Bleurgh!

rich said...

Me.

My preferred cooking method is pressing a button and waiting for the ping :)

Anonymous said...

Well you deserve all you gat for being lazy and shopping at the stepford wives store, you idiot!
cook it yourself
sigh
lazy saddo

Anonymous said...

A couple of years ago I bought a small vegetable knife in Tesco - it was quite cheap, less than 2 pounds. On the third time that I used this knife, the handle broke causing the knife to slip and cut my hand. I concluded that this was quite a dangerous design and next time I visited Tesco, I took the knife to the Customer Service desk and explained what had happened as I thought the knives should be removed from sale. I was told by the person at the desk that there would be no way I could have a refund without a receiptand that I would not get any compensation for injury. I did not particularly want a refund or compensation, I just wanted to make sure nobody else was hurt in this way. The same knives are still on sale at Tesco.

Anonymous said...

Did you pout holes in it? bet you didnt...

Anonymous said...

There is no way that would have happened if you'd followed the correct procedure. I've eaten thousands of these Curry's and never heard anything even approaching a pop. My bet is you didn't pierce the film at the top, therefore causing something of a "greenhouse effect".

Anonymous said...

you should be happy you dident have to eat the shit you got from tesco most cooked meat comes in on the same cage as raw meat and the raw meat is on top what a lucky pearson you were

jade said...

Anonymous your wrong there as I have had loads of microwave meals but went to icelands bought a microwave meal it says stab a put on 4 6mins I stabbed it put it on 4 5mins when it had finished I carred on watching tv 4 about 4mins went to microwave stured it and it exploaded in my face leaving me with a burn mark

Anonymous said...

Such is, alas, the Law of Korma - what turns around, sprays around.