Mother care or despair ? ~ Tesco-Complaint

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mother care or despair ?


I started working for Tesco on the 19th of November 2007, two weeks after that I found out I was pregnant with my third child, i informed Tesco of this just before we were off for the amazing amount of days at christmas :s ! Thinking to myself that they would finish me for this to my surprise they kept me on permenantly part time , for that i was grateful!

Anyway, I am now 31 weeks pregnant and still working on fresh, and don't leave till i am nearly 36 weeks , during which time i knew that I had to get maternity leave and pay / state pay sorted out - In this case i asked for the pregnancy pack or booklet Tesco supply about all the information i required . To my disgust i was given a booklet from 2006 as that was all they had, and the booklet specifically suggested, speaking to your personal manager about information you need to know.

Unsure if the booklet had the correct information in it, I went to see this person , only to be told she did not know anything about maternity leave or pay and would get back to me that was at 26 weeks into my pregnancy. I am now 31 weeks and still waiting for a manager or memeber of staff to help me in this situation i have also asked for Cardiff's number to contact them to see if they can give me the correct info and still waiting for that aswell !

I have never had a day off in all the time i have worked there. I make all my appointments on the days that I have off. Tesco talk all the time about training and 'knowing your stuff', silver bronze and gold this - it makes me laugh when even the senior managers don't know what they are spose to !

Tesco want to pull the finger out there profit wallet and put some money into training there senior staff and update all there booklets, but no no no Tesco are all about profit profit profit , we have also heard that there will be job cuts yet again in our store even though we are short staffed as it is even more so on a sunday me and another member of staff for all of Dairy / Fresh ! I hope you put this on your site as not being given the correct info and support for this is disgracefull for a firm that earns up to 3 billion pounds profit !

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry Dont Lyke Pregnant People!

Anonymous said...

Thats pretty damn shocking. Get on to the union, or raise a grievance using the correct procedures.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it really sad how the world and society has become, i would have loved to have lived in the 50s before tesco ate up all the small shops, at least it was family businesses and you could actually talk to them about anything!

Anonymous said...

another lowly, sad, loser who cant get off their arse to find out info for themselves .

(call 55555 when you're at work and pick the option for personnel if you fancy finding something out that isn't slowly and carefully placed in your lap.)

Anonymous said...

I know exactly where you went wrong,
It says it all, you were in france and met serge gainsbourg and thats how you ended up pregnant.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/f4iivb

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.

NaturalSelection said...

"Tesco want to pull the finger out there profit wallet and put some money into training there senior staff and update all there booklets..."


Their, their, their.

Anonymous said...

This doesn't surprise me. I know of a similar case where the employee received no information/ paperwork/ risk assessment. Luckily she managed to get through her pregnancy with no problems (despite having to life heavy boxes whilst working in the pharmacy). Each person she spoke to in Tesco blamed the other for not providing information!!! I know first hand how useless they are as an employer

Anonymous said...

When I requested some time off as sudy leave, I put into writing. I got told that wasn't the way to do it. I wonder why? Could be that they don't like us making documentary evidence because they don't fulfil all of their promises to all of it staff?

Anonymous said...

Richard William Evans (York) : I Despair Over This Person : He Is An Nasty Piece Of Work : Believe Me!