Tesco please refund what is rightfully mine! ~ Tesco-Complaint

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Tesco please refund what is rightfully mine!

I ordered a dishwasher for my sister who lives in Andover England as a gift. (I live in the U.S.A..) The order # was 05426139. The dishwasher was supposed to have been installed and it was not. I had paid the extra 20 or so pounds for the installation. The people that delivered the washer informed my sister (who is 53 years of age and has no plumbing expertise whatsoever) that the pipe they had was not long enough. Then the same people told her that if she "had any problems to call them." My sister called and was politely informed that "if the pipe was too short they would not have been able to install the item." I do not believe when the 20 pounds was taken from my credit card that it said anything about, we can install, only if the pipe is long enough? I had intended the dishwasher to be a gift not an added expense. I had also intended to replace her stove and refrigerator one at a time. The dishwasher was delivered on the 16th of October and finally my sister was able to get enough money together to pay someone to come to her house and install the dishwasher November 2nd. I have emailed and called and up to this point received one response that says "we promise to be back in touch as soon as possible." That was dated 10/26/2007.
I am very disappointed in the lack of / slow response to both my sister and myself up until this time. I want to be refunded the amount that was taken from my credit card under false pretenses.
I am very unhappy with the whole situation. Tesco ruined the surprise that I had for my sister, then went on to ruin my perception of what I believed was a reputable company who really did care about their customers and customer service.
Again please refund that which is rightfully mine.
Yours Sincerely, Erika Culliford.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

They have your money thus their interest in you is zero. Welcome to customer service British/Tesco style my friend!

Anonymous said...

This is ridiculous why cant they refund if they haven't provided the service paid for?!! Its pretty simple and of course they have to refund as they failed to provide the service. Tesco stink! Tesco are a bunch of credit card stealers.

Anonymous said...

Terms and conditions from Tesco Direct website re: installation:
"***Unfortunately, we cannot install or remove built-in appliances. We can only install into pre-prepared locations and within one metre of existing utility positions. We are not able to carry out any remedial plumbing or electrical work."

So if the exsisting plumbing wasn't suitable, they were not obligated to sort it out for you.

Anonymous said...

So their right but some people can't read or just assume and moan like the first 2 comments.

Why can't people just try and raise their IQ slightly and not assume, read things, and check facts.

Anonymous said...

nonsense, they have to refund it obviously if they cant do it!!

Anonymous said...

no they don't if it's more than 1 meter away!

Anonymous said...

JIM, LEARN TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Unfortunately, we cannot install or remove built-in appliances. We can only install into pre-prepared locations and within one metre of existing utility positions. We are not able to carry out any remedial plumbing or electrical work."

Anonymous said...

its nonsense, they did not provide the service paid for, they need to refund the customer!

Anonymous said...

You can't read then jim can't you.

They don't provide that service. Making it up in your head just to suit you may work wonderfully for trying to win an argument but you should try using fact instead.

Rachel Glover said...

This is great.